Tuesday, October 9, 2007

What's Been Going On

Okay, so I mustered up the nerve to plug in a LOR controller and it worked great. I'm totally embarrassed to say, but it was pretty emotional for me (I didn't cry though).

I've still been getting ready for the Mini this Saturday, so not much progress on the display recently with the exception of finally getting a song sequenced. It's Carol of the Bells by Monique Danielle. I would post a video of the screen animation, but I don't feel like burdening my computer another buggy freeware app. Besides, I'm not too happy with how it turned out. On the positive side, I am optimistic and anxious about doing more sequencing because I feel like I'll become very good at it. I have been a bit reluctant to dedicate dozens of hours to learning all the shortcuts, etc because LOR11 is supposed to be coming out any day. We'll see. I don't think I'm going to continue to wait.

I just decorated a bit for Halloween. I've never relly decorated for Halloween. Last year, I bypassed it completely and began the garage display in mid-October.

I paid Marty Slack for the FM transmitter today via PayPal. It's expensive. Lots of people buy them on eBay for cheaper. I feel lie his customer svc will be better (should I need it) than some random eBay guy though. Plus, I'm supporting the community.

We've been scoping out all the department store's stuff. JC Penney has all their stuff 50% off. Wow. John wants a little chek santa with a chalkboard from JC Penney. This year, their nutcrackers are half the size of last years and not as cute. Yeah!

Lowes, Wal-Mart, and Biglots have their stuff out, but it's not that impressive. The "big thing" this year is the animated stuff (Mr. Christmas controller and ugly lighted trees). There's no big price cut in lights (led or regula), nor is there any huge advancement. There are new blowups, but I'm NOT fond of blowups. There's a new ferris wheel, but it's cheesy is my opinion. I'm not trying to be a downer...just reporting my initial findings.

The PC (planetchristmas) boards are getting very busy again. The new big thing this year is leaping arches. A lot of people are building north poles too.

No comments: