Tuesday, October 30, 2007

How to Set up a Christmas Village

So, this is my fist blog post with my new laptop. A lot of Christmas-related stuff has gone on around the house in the last week. I'm bummed I haven't been able to post about it.

So, the village under the TV is complete. Here's a photo after the first day. The village was about a third done after the first day.

I had no idea where to start, so I decided to begin by bringing all the village pieces inside and stacking them against the wall. Then, I put all the accessories (trees, figures, snow, etc.) in another pile. I decided to begin with a new piece that John and I bought on Dec 26th last year. I chose this piece because it's pretty tall and I thought it would make a great anchor piece. It's the one in the back right. A pillowcase-covered empty village box was used underneath to give it height.

A huge cardboard box was placed on top of the table, then the blue icicles were taped to the cardboard. Then, a snow blanket was layered on top, then a sheet of styrofoam, then another sbnow blanket was placed on top of the styrofoam. The styrofoam is from Home Depot and is meant to be used as insulation.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: