Sunday, December 11, 2011

Need More Memory

My computer guru friend Michael came over last night to see Copeland Christmas. He took a quick look at my laptop and gave me some advice. I he was angel-sent since he took one look at my free hard drive space and told me I'm at an absolutely critical point. (uh oh)



I knew it was bad, but I never knew what to do about it. Michael told me that all laptops have two avialable slots for memory. He discovered on my laptop that I currently have two 1 gb memory cards already installed. He said I just need to buy two 2 gb memory cards and replace them. (Ordered this morning from tiger direct for $54).

Then, he said I have to get rid of cclear and malware bytes and adaware. He suggested to get Norton 360 and let it take care of everything from virus protection to backups. He said once you get 2, 3, 4 different "free helpers," they start canabalizing/conflicting with eachother. It makes sense.

Lastly, he wants me to get two external hard drives and put all the photos from 2007 to present on them. He said to get the portable kind. I thought it would be hard for me to move the music off...but I've haven't minded at all...and it's been 6 months.

I KNOW it's going to be hard for me to get all those photos off the laptop (because I use them all the time). I'll save this for last.

Thanks agian Michael. For trustworthy residential or commercial computer needs, call my friend Michael Serio. http://www.mdscomputerconsulting.com/
Posted by Picasa

No comments: