Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cleaned the Globes on the North Poles

Yesterday I cleaned the globes from the north poles. I soaked the globes in a diluted Rustaid mixture which worked really well. I had to lightly scrub each one with a kitchen scrubbing pad, but all 16 only took me 30 minutes. I was worried the Rustaid would etch the globes, but since I hosed them off, there was no damage.


I also soaked the fixtures in a baking soda-water mixture then scrubbed each one with a wire brush. There was green corrosion on the metal parts. I was very happy to use my new boat batter cleaning skills to clean up the north pole light bulb fixtures!!! Now, I just have to find out if I can put dialectric grease on the light fixtures...that's what I do with a boat batteries, so it would make sense to follow suit.


Today I also purchased the new couplers and 3 inch poles. I got the red duct tape and 3 cans of Great Stuff Big Gap Filler. Yesterday and this morning I experimented with crack filler and gap filler. Lesson learned........if you use a big stick to push down the crack filler, it will deflate and never expand.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

sogrand said...

Hello Dear,

The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of great information which can be helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more contents.

You can buy these beautiful solar lights on Amazon at Sogrand Store.


You can buy these beautiful solar lights on Amazon at Sogrand Store.

Please visit the product page: - https://www.amazon.com/Decorative-Waterproof-Decorations-Landscape-Lighting/dp/B07PJY4JPT/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Solar+landscape+lights&m=A39PH15OSSYYUG&qid=1553635455&s=merchant-items&sr=1-1

Sogrand Industry,Inc,15 Years Solar Light Manufacturer Directly Sells on Amazon.

Best Solar Lights Collection Storefront: https://www.amazon.com/shops/sogrand

Sogrand Industry has a great range of solar lighting including solar lights outdoor, solar garden lights, solar path lights, solar yard lights, solar pathway lights, solar driveway lights, Solar landscape lights, solar walkway lights, solar post lights, solar lamp post, solar light post, deck post lights, fence post lights, solar post cap lights, solar waterproof wall light, solar deck lights, outdoor garage lights, solar dock lights, solar porch light, solar wall lights, solar fence lights, solar step lights, solar lantern, solar globe lights, solar jar lights, solar ball lights, hanging solar light, solar table lamp, solar moton light, solar security lights, solar motion sensor light, solar spot light, solar spotlights, solar string lights & solar fairy lights.

Address:8940 192nd Street,Unit H,Mokena,IL60448 USA