Friday, October 17, 2008

A New Tree Skirt

I made a gator tree skirt for the gator tree. I've only had the fringe sitting in the sewing box for a year, so I thought it was about time to get it done. The fabric was $10/yd. at Walmart.

I bought the fringe at a thrift store last year with the intention of making this tree skirt. I have leftover fringe and the remaining half yard of fabric still. I'll make another tree skirt because I made the center hole way too big. It's nothing a little fake snow can't cover up, but I might as well make another one because I have the fabric and it only took me an hour.


Given that I don't know how to sew, I think it turned out pretty good. The fabric is pretty forgiving because it's thick and fleece-like. I wish I had orange thread. The blue worked just fine though.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danielle,
Love your blog and site. You should check out this Christmas Group that I belong - www.ChristmasToTheMax@YahooGroups.com You will get so many ideas on here. There are gals that have 50+ plus trees in their homes. I myself will have 10 with all but one of them themed.