Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Dining Room Scene 2011

I have a couple of ideas for the dining room scene this year. Here's how it looks today (Sep 10, 2011).


We got a new pre-lit slim Christmas tree in January that needs to go right near the hallway (that's the only place it'll fit). So, the tree theme should coincide with the scene theme.

We could do the snowmen here...but I don't have enough snowmen ornaments to fill a 9 ft tree.
We could do the candy/gingerbread here....but ditto for the 9ft tree.
We could do the Antarctica scene again and decorate the tree in blue/white/silver.
We could do a train set and decorate the tree with ???.
We could do a village but how would the tree be decorated?

Going back to the whole snowman idea for a minute...

We could do a snowmen scene, and we could even use one of the 6 ft resin pieces (like we did in the '09 display-see below). Then, the tree could be all red/white/black with carrot nose ornaments. I have a new snowman hat tree topper from January Pier One sales. Photo below. I could make all the snowmen doing something...like shoveling snow. I could use blocks of styrofoam and lots of fake snow. I could get some cute garden shoves and rest them against the wall. Maybe I can find some blocks of ice. A few snowmen can be off to the side getting into a snowball fight. Maybe some other snowmen could be making snowglobes. Or perhaps I could use some Annalee elves to be making the snowglobes. The snowflakes have to hang from the cieling again...just like 2 years ago. Blue mini lights can illuminated through snowblankets to add some depth. A big red/white striped scarf can keep the tree warm...and big stick arms can make the tree almost look like it's alive. Somewhere I'll put a homemade looking wooden sign that says "snowmen at work" or something clever. My new led dripping icicles will have to go somehwere...maybe they'll hang from the curtain rod. This makes me hope I can find the snowmen early on...now I have two scenes that I need to dig out of the storage.

From Copeland Christmas Blog
From Copeland Christmas Blog

1 comment:

anieb said...

Hi i wolud like to appriciate your above post that was such a awosome one thanks
Dining room furniture