Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Antarctica OCD Continues

I'm recently obsessed about ice, pengiuns, Antarctica, etc. I wonder why...

This was my firt foray into a fondant cake. It turned out good, but I can't see making more than one fondant cake per year. I would definitely like to try a 3 tier cake some day. It made a kitchen such a mess...I hate recipes that require kneeding and a rolling pin.

I found a dense pound cake recipe. I used it because a firm cake is what I needed to support all the stuff on top.


Sweetened Condensed Pound Cake Recipe
2 1/2 sticks butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
6 eggs
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions
Coat pan with shortening and flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Beat butter and sugar at high speed until soft and smooth
Add condensed milk and beat until well blended
Add eggs, one at a time
Add flour one cup at a time
Add vanilla and beat well
Bake 1 hour, 30 minutes

I just realized I forgot the baking powder. I guess this will be a dense cake. Oh well, it's cute.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: