Thursday, December 11, 2008

We've Had Some Special Visitors

John has done a fantastic job of greeting visitors, handing out candy canes, and fixing blown bulbs this year. Since I've been in evening classes at the local university this season, he's been updating me on some of the special visitors I've missed the past few weeks.

Here are some highlights from the past few weeks...

Last night, we had a group of cub scouts. John enjoyed having them come to the house. Last week, we had a local couple stop by and ask if they could make a donation to Toys For Tots in our name. Dozens more people have donated made donations recently.

We had a family drive about 40 minutes to see our house lastnight. They remembered seeing the decorations in Palm Beach Gardens 5 years ago when my brother- and sister-in-law were doing it.

More to come later...it's 5:20, so I've got to go sweep the floors and put out the cookies for tonight's crowd.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joey said...

So, I'm down here on the ice wishing I could be there with everyone sitting in the driveway drinking punch. You will all have to have a glass (or three) for me. Great job with the house this year! Send the Leaky Tiki my love (plenty of Miller and shots).

Miss you all and the great times from last year!

Joey, H.H.E. (Head Engineering Elf)