Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Amazing Inspiration For Copeland Christmas

I have been scouring the internet for tips on polystyrene carving. I happened upon Kevin Fonner's website about the nursery he made for his son. It's phenomenal

Here's a photo from his website. Visit it. He not only incorporated starry LEDs but also polystyrene and Disney. This project is truly amazing and I find it sooo inspiring.

Over the past few years, I have learned how to successfully carve and paint polystyrene for our village scenes and the Antarctica scene. I've wanted to make a large tree for the garage scene, and I've been impatiently waiting for the LED or fiber optic lighting to become less laborious. I so appreciate the effort, planning, and time this nursery required. It's been a while since I've been this impressed with handmade elements. Kudos!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: