Saturday, June 13, 2009

Very Exciting Geek News...

I learned how to configure and use Remote Desktop across platforms today. It sounds geeky and advanced, but it's really is not. There are a ton of tutorials posted on youtube. I use one of the tuorials. Here's the benefit!!!!!!!...................

I can now sit across the street with my laptop, log in to the office computer, open/edit the Christmas sequences, then hit play to watch them on the house in real time. In years past, we ran a 100 ft cat5e cable out the window and across the lot...what a pain! And, all the files still reside on the back office computer, so there is no more need to transfer files, fix the broken links, etc.

I added in a few secret layers of security after allowing remote access, so once again the network is sufficiently protected. Yeah!

1 comment:

anglina said...

i think its sound was very geeky and advanced....

anglina
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step