Saturday, September 8, 2007

Today's Thoughts

I finished the manger yesterday. I guess we'll paint it brown, but we're in no rush to get it painted this week. Now I'm beginning to waiver on the flagpole. I can get a 20' sunsetter or topflight for $130+$15 shipping on eBay. But, if I get a non-brand, it's only $100. Now, Sunetter says their poles are far superior because they're thicker. I don't know if this is a place to save $$$ or not. Are the sunsetter/topflights far superior, somewhat superior, or neglibile compared to the nonbranded poles? Argh.

Also don't know what color to make the mega tree. Green lights don't seem as bright as red. But have you ever seen a red Christmas tree? No. ......But does it matter? Maybe, maybe not. I'm rambling.

I made a star tree topper a few weeks ago out of bamboo. Then, I proudly posted my invention just to find out that someone else had done the exact same thing. Even worse....he posted photos last year, and I apparently read the thread and probably saw the photos. I'm not that old...but I don't remember seeing it. Oh well. What am I gonna do?

So, here's the star I made. I'm not crazy about it and should probably zip tie each light as opposed to every other light. I'm looking into a new design made from coro. I received photos from a PC friend who saw my post about wanting to see star design that did not involve welding.

No comments: