Tuesday, September 11, 2007

MiniPLUS Workshop Preparation

I haven't blogged much about the October 13th MiniPLUS workshop, but it's top priority these days. We're out of commission from the 15th-30th of this month, so I'm trying to get a lot of stuff done in advance.

For the workshop, we'll be using the large plasma in the living room to show powerpoint shows and photos, etc. Some guests who are leading portions of the workshop will be presenting powerpoint and word files. So , I went to chat with the Geek Squad to:
  1. find out why my computer is so slow
  2. find out if there's better option than an s video cable when using the TV as a monitor.

Eightly dollars later, they had fixed both problems. My computer was slow because of all the background and start up processes. That didn't cost anything and they "agent" showed me how to fix things in the future. What was expensive, was the cable and converter. Not so much the converter as the cable. In the next post, I'll tell you what you need to use a newer tv as a monitor for an older laptop. I'm going to test it now to make sure it works, then I'll post.

By the way, a few weeks ago, I tried the S-video cable and it worked fine. The powerpoint slides looked good and the text was legible, as long as it was size 18 font (I think it was arial or times).

No comments: